APO Alumni 2016
The Embassy of France in Prague hosted the third APO Alumni
In October 2016 the third annual APO Alumni of the participants of the Academy of patient organizations was held at the French Embassy in Prague under the patronage of His Excellency Mr. Charles Malinas. Over 60 representatives from the patients and deputies from the Ministry of Health, the Czech Medical Society, the World Health Organization, the State Institute for Drug Control, industry and the Czech media accepted the invitation.
Program included speeches from:
- Mrs. Lenka Teska Arnoštová, the first Deputy of Minister of Health of the Czech Republic
- Mrs. Alena Šteflová, Director of the World Health Organizations office in the Czech Republic and Deputy of the Czech Medical Society,
- Mrs. Irena Storová, Deputy oto the director of the State Institute for Drug Control
The first Deputy of Minister of Health Mrs Lenka Teska Arnoštová, who is devoted to the issue of patient organizations in the long term, stressed: "The voice of patient organizations must be heard, therefore the Ministry is working hard on integration of those voices into the health system."
One of the main highlights of the Event was the APO Awards for the best projects of patient organizations in two categories. Mamma Help won in the first category of the best ongoing project.. The winner in the second category of best project vision was Parkinson-Help.
Description of photos from the left to the right:
1) His Excellency Mr. Charles Malinas, French Ambassador to the Czech Republic
2) Mrs. Jana Drexlerová, Director of patient organization Mamma HELP with the winning project „How to say it to the children“, Mr. Jakub Dvořáček, Executive director AIFP, Mrs. Lenka Teska Arnoštová, Deputy to the Minister of the Heathcare of the Czech Republic
3) Mrs. Irena Storová, Deputy to the director of the State Institute for Drug Control Czech Republic, Mrs Lenka Teska Arnoštová, the first Deputy of the Minister of Health in the Czech Republic, Mr. Jakub Dvořáček, Executive Director of Association of Innovative Pharmaceutical Industry, Mrs. Regina Demlová, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute and Mr Radek Policar, the Deputy of the Minister of the Czech Republic for Legislation and Legal Affairs
4) Mrs. Zuzana Komárková, project manager APO, Mrs. Romana Skála-Rosenbaum, chairwoman of the Parkinson-Help with APO Award for best project vision, Mrs. Lenka Teska Arnoštová, the first Deputy of the Minister of Health in the Czech Republic, Mrs. Jana Drexler, chairwoman of Mamma Help with APO Award for best ongoing project and Mrs. Alena Šteflová, Head of World Health Organization, office in the Czech Republic
5) Representatives of patient organizations